Submission and reviewing guidelines for the Applied Ontology journal.
To submit a review, please do so by logging in with the account for which the review has been solicited. Then follow the "Reviewer Actions" menu on the left.
Enter your review ratings and comments below and click the Submit button when finished. If pasting a narrative portion of the review from an external file, please save it as plain text before doing so.
Decisions on submitted manuscripts are one of the following.
- Minor revisions required
- Major revisions required
- Revise and Resubmit
They mean the following:
- The manuscript is suitable for publication and only requires minor polishing; thus, no further reviews are requested.
- The authors are required to make moderate changes to their manuscript. The manuscript becomes acceptable for publication if the changes proposed by the reviewers and editors are successfully addressed. The revised manuscript will be sent back to all (or a selection of) reviewers for a second round of reviews. Authors are requested to provide a letter to the reviewers detailing the improvements made for the resubmission.
- The manuscript cannot be accepted for publication in its current form. However, a major revision which addresses all issues raised by the reviewers may be acceptable for publication. The revised manuscript will undergo a full second round of review. Authors are requested to provide a letter to the reviewers detailing the improvements made for the resubmission.
- In its current form, the manuscript is not suitable for publication. A resubmission would require substantial revisions and is only encouraged in special cases. The editors should be contacted before resubmitting a previously rejected paper.
- The manuscript is rejected as it is deemed to be out of scope, not relevant, or not containing original results.